Mount Meru Climb
DAY 1: Momella Gate to Miriakamba Hut (2,514 m)
Depart from Arusha with your lunch box to Momella Gate on the other side of the park. You will do a game walk through the park with the armed ranger as you head to Miriakamba Hut about 3,500 m above sea level.
Overnight camping at the hut/campsite
DAY 2: Miriakamba Hut to Little Meru (3,820 m)
After an early breakfast, depart with packed lunch. You will have a lunch break and a short rest before proceeding to the Little Rock summit at 3,820 m. Drinks and photos at the summit then descend to Saddle Hut situated at 3,570 m.
Overnight camping at the hut/camp
DAY 3: Saddle Hut to Summit (4,566 m)
Early morning (probably at 3:00 am) climb to Mount Mere summit at 4,566 m. A view of Mount Kilimanjaro provides an opportunity to take a picture of the iconic mountain (an option to walk on the rim of the Meru crater is available). Descend to Saddle Hut for breakfast and relaxation followed by another descent to Momella Gate at 1,500 m passing through Miriakamba Hut. Pick up at the gate and transfer to Arusha town for dinner and overnight stay.
Book This Tour
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Armed Ranger Fee.