A unique safari off-the-beaten path to Western Tanzania. A splendid opportunity to view chimpanzees in their natural habitat and relax in serene accommodation. 5 days safari in Tanzania experiencing unique attractions in majestic landscapes and vegetation.
DAY 1: Arrival in Arusha
On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will meet your driver and transferred to your accommodation in Arusha for overnight stay.
DAY 2: Arusha to Kigoma
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Arusha Airport for your morning scheduled flight to Kigoma Airport. There you will be picked and transferred in a dhow to your accommodation. After lunch followed by a short rest, we will have an opportunity for an early evening chimpanzee trekking of forest (if time allows). The evening will be for sundowners, dinner, and overnight at the lodge.
DAY 3: Chimpanzee trekking
After breakfast, we will depart for the morning chimpanzee trekking. In the afternoon we will return to the lodge for a hot lunch. You can spend the afternoon at leisure or perhaps go kayaking (A boat safari is optional). The evening is dedicated to sundowners, dinner, and good night’s sleep.
DAY 4: Transfer back to Kigoma
After breakfast, we will get into a dhow/ boat for the back to Kigoma. Hot lunch will be served at your accommodation and spend the afternoon at leisure: lounge at the swimming pool or at the private beach. Alternatively, you can book an optional Ujiji and Livingstone Memorial Tour.
DAY 5: Flight back to Arusha
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Kigoma Airport for your flight to Arusha Airport with a packed lunch. On arrival, you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro Airport or to your hotel depending on your plans.
****End of service**
Included in the price
- Park fees
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water on all days
Excluded from the price
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$20.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Alcohol drinks